James River Roads

050210-5-2-PETE-City-Point-pier-CWmem

thmb-050210-5-2-PETE-City-Point-pier

Appomattox & James Rivers Roads, site of US Army Quartermaster Corps docks and stores of cannon, muskets, ammunition, and various supplies for the siege of Petersburg, were stocked here during the 10-month siege.
Nearby was the battlefront home of US General Grant, which after the War was disassembled and taken to show to the public at the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893.
For additional art, click on Collections buttons for drop-down menus