City Point Pier

City-Point-pier
City-Point-pier

From 1863-65, the City Point pier and the James River Roads was a quartermaster corps storage facility for supplies and weapons needed to maintain the siege of Petersburg. Today it looks serene and peaceful, but in the 1860’s this waterway was among the busiest in the world.
For additional art, click on Collections buttons for drop-down menus