Port Winston & PLUTO

Arromanches
port-winston-arromanches

A colorful sunset at day’s end over the town of Arromanches and remnants of Mulberry Harbor B. This was the site of Port Winston, the concrete harbor and dock which was floated in from England just after June 6, 1944, and which provided the invading troops with an artificial harbor. Millions of tons of war materiel came ashore.
PLUTO (Pipe Line Under The Ocean) brought millions of gallons of fuel to France. It was delivered by the dedicated drivers of the Red Ball Express.
For additional art, click on Collections buttons for drop-down menus